Sunday, December 6, 2009

Spellscarred for life

We awoke in a room in Valthron's tower, the room he would not allow me to enter when I first consulted with him. He explained that he felt the magic taint that was growing had dissipated and that the undead in the town had become dead again. He also explained that the ruins had sunk into the ground and we needed to be dug out.

We had been unconscious for a time and were brought back to his tower so we might recover. He said that when we were being brought back he noticed that each of us seemed to have a scar. He said it was a Spellscar and that it may affect us later on on our journeys but did not know more then that. I on the other hand had been educated with the money of my family and while my tutors would not go into great detail about what exactly it was, I do know that it is some kind of taint within the blood from the Plagueland, but this not always the case. When they are used, they appear as a blue colour. That was about as much as they would tell me. When I got a moment to myself, I dug through the few tomes I brought with me from home, but they held no mention of Spellscarring, so I guess we will just have to wait and see what manifests.

Once we were well enough, we spoke with the lord and he granted us our recommendation letter so we can adventure legally through the realms, he also gifted us with the gold that was discovered in the ruins when we were found as well as some gold from his treasury. I spoke with the village priestess and we held a funeral for Farol. I also think I saw the Deva with a couple of severed hands. I wonder where she got them?

In any event, we will now move on elsewhere and see what comes our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment